Sunday, March 9, 2008

Tekka Mall

On 6th March, Thursay, I finally found time to make my way to Tekka Mall. Tekka Mall is undergoing renovations. I went round looking for the shops. I finally gave up and asked the information counter, and was told they are located on the 5th floor.

Took the lift up, and I was hoping to see many many gifts/partyware shop. To my disaapointment, I only found one, the rest are artificial flower shops. So what the 'aunty' at the concourse told me was true.

Checked out the stuff inside, but couldn't find what I want... left within half and hour. Looks like I will not be able to find a place like the old 'Blanco Court' or 'Concourse' where all the gift and flower shops congregate, the atmosphere there, especially during christmas and new year season. I don't think the shops at Tekka Mall or Middle Road can bring up the kind of atmosphere we used to experience in those times. This is the result of modernisation.

No comments: